NOTE: AXLE TOWBAR SOLD OUT
Our cargo bike trailers allow bikers to carry heavy loads, but with full-size wheels, even novice riders can pull the trailer.
Carry up to 175 pounds of gear with our large cargo trailer for bike-packing or groceries, or carry smaller loads with our small cargo trailer that holds up to 100 pounds! Even beginning riders can pull heavy loads with the pair of full-size wheels on a CycleTote Cargo Trailer.
LARGE CARGO BIKE TRAILER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Carrying capacity: Hold up to 175 lbs of gear inside 6-1/2 cubic feet.
- Lightweight frame: Durable, aircraft grade aluminum frame and tow bar.
- Hitch and tow bar options: Choose whether to attach to your seat post with specific hitches to fit your bike, or attachat the bike's rear wheel axle.
- Wheel size options: Pick between 700c (road) or 26″ (mountain bike) quick-release full size bicycle wheels and tires. 700c wheels roll more easily. 26-inch wheels deliver more comfort. (Puncture resistant tires are also available.)
- Increase trailers visibility: Be seen by using the safety flag, rear reflector and wheel reflectors plus a reflective strip on the trailer's fabric cover.
- 3-wheeled jogger: Our jogger option lets you remove the tow bar and add a front wheel and a push handle.
- Red, black and grey color combination: The fabric is water-resistant, durable Cordura 1000d.
THE BICYCLE TRAILER TURNS INTO A 3 WHEELED JOGGER
The jogger option lets you remove the tow bar and add a front wheel and a push handle.
LARGE CARGO BIKE TRAILER SPECIFICATIONS
- Carries up to 175 pounds of gear
- Outer dimensions with wheels removed: 48″ L x 32″ W x 14″ H
- Internal dimensions: 43.5″ L x 20.5″ W x 13.5″ H
- Length with tow bar: 70.5"
- Capacity: 175 lbs.
- Trailer weight with standard wheels: 30 lbs.
- Wheel size: choice of 700c (road) or 26” (mountain)
- Track width: 25.5 "
- Color options:
PROUDLY HANDCRAFTED IN FORT COLLINS, COLORADO USA.
SAFE, SMOOTH, STURDY
MADE IN USA
Hand Built in Fort Collins, Colorado
DURABLE AND RELIABLE
Your Hitch Options, Explained
Our unique seatpost hitch.
Stability and safety are the name of the game with our signature seatpost hitch which does not effect bike handling. Also, the large dog bike trailer moves independently of your bike. If the bike needs to be laid down (or there is a crash), the trailer stays on two wheels.
Standard, Quick-Release Axle Hitch
Using a quick release system, this hitch connects at the rear axle offering ease of use. Easy to install and remove.
What Size Seatpost Mount Do You Need?
Seatposts differ in size. If you've chosen a seatpost hitch, determine the seatpost size prior to ordering. If you don't, the hitch won't fit properly. Luckily, most seatposts have the size stamped on them:
• Loosen your bicycle seatpost. Pull it up and off of the bicycle.
• Look at the lower end of the seatpost. A metric measurement should be stamped there.
• For seatposts with no stamped size, measure the outside diameter across the middle using a metric caliper.
• Need help? A local bike shop should be able do this for free or for a minimal charge. Accuracy is important as sizes sometimes vary by millimeters. Please call if you need more help.
Automatic Trailer Brakes Improve Safety
Automatic trailer brakes make a lot of sense
Since the beginning, CycleTote has focused on safety. Offering an automatic brake option on our large dog bicycle trailers improves the overall cycling experience, especially in quick stop, emergency situations.
Easy to use
Sturmey Archer hubs have the brakes built into them. On the nose of the tow bar sits a spring mechanism and actuator. As the large dog bike trailer pushes into the bicycle, the actuator pulls the brake cables, automatically. You literally do nothing other than slow your bike down. The trailer does the rest. (Please note, you must remove these wheels with a wrench and screwdriver. No quick release option available.)