A simple, but strong solution for your bike trailer needs that you can configure to meet your unique requirements.
- Ability to carry up to 175 lbs of materials.
- High strength lightweight aluminum frame and tow bar designed to outlast other trailers.
- One seat post hitch and tow bar or an axle (wheel connecting) tow bar.
- Choose either 700c (road) or 26″ (mountain bike) quick-release bicycle. .wheels and tires. We are also happy to match your bicycle's wheel size.
- Safety flag, rear reflector and wheel reflectors.
If at a later date, you need more, the trailer can be easily converted to a child, dog or cargo trailer with our additional conversion kits.
THE BICYCLE TRAILER TURNS INTO A 3 WHEELED CART
The jogger option lets you remove the tow bar and add a front wheel and a push handle added at the rear.
AUTOMATIC TRAILER BRAKES
For a more uniform reduction in speed and safer stops, purchase the automatic trailer brakes. This feature is especially important when towing heavy loads at higher speeds and for emergency stopping.
Sturmey Archer hubs have the brakes built into them. The nose of the tow bar has a spring mechanism and actuator. As the trailer pushes into the bicycle, the actuator pulls the brake cables which slows down the trailer's wheels. This happens automatically. No levers are attached to the bicycle handlebars. Please note, these are not quick-release wheels. Remove them with a wrench and screwdriver.
MEASURING YOUR SEAT POST
To determine the hitch size, loosen your bicycle seat post and pull it up and off of the bicycle. Most seat posts have the metric measurement stamped near the bottom of the posts.
For those without the stamped size, measure the exterior diameter (from outside to outside across the middle) using a metric caliper.
Any bike shop should be able to do this for free or for a minimal charge. Accuracy is important. Please call if you need more help.
LARGE UTILITY TRAILER SPECIFICATIONS
- Outer dimensions with wheels removed: 48″L x 32″W x 14″H
- Internal dimension: 43.5″L x 20.5″W x 13.5″H
- Length with tow bar: 70.5 inches
- Capacity: 175 pounds
- Trailer weight with std wheels: 25 pounds
- Wheel size: choice of 26” or 700c
- Track width: 25.5 inches
PROUDLY MADE IN FORT COLLINS, COLORADO USA.
Shipping in the contiguous US is $95. For other locations, please call us.
SAFE, SMOOTH, STURDY
MADE IN USA
Hand Built in Fort Collins, Colorado
DURABLE AND RELIABLE
Your Hitch Options, Explained
Our unique seatpost hitch.
Stability and safety are the name of the game with our signature seatpost hitch which does not effect bike handling. Also, the large dog bike trailer moves independently of your bike. If the bike needs to be laid down (or there is a crash), the trailer stays on two wheels.
Standard, Quick-Release Axle Hitch
Using a quick release system, this hitch connects at the rear axle offering ease of use. Easy to install and remove.
What Size Seatpost Mount Do You Need?
Seatposts differ in size. If you've chosen a seatpost hitch, determine the seatpost size prior to ordering. If you don't, the hitch won't fit properly. Luckily, most seatposts have the size stamped on them:
• Loosen your bicycle seatpost. Pull it up and off of the bicycle.
• Look at the lower end of the seatpost. A metric measurement should be stamped there.
• For seatposts with no stamped size, measure the outside diameter across the middle using a metric caliper.
• Need help? A local bike shop should be able do this for free or for a minimal charge. Accuracy is important as sizes sometimes vary by millimeters. Please call if you need more help.
Automatic Trailer Brakes Improve Safety
Automatic trailer brakes make a lot of sense
Since the beginning, CycleTote has focused on safety. Offering an automatic brake option on our large dog bicycle trailers improves the overall cycling experience, especially in quick stop, emergency situations.
Easy to use
Sturmey Archer hubs have the brakes built into them. On the nose of the tow bar sits a spring mechanism and actuator. As the large dog bike trailer pushes into the bicycle, the actuator pulls the brake cables, automatically. You literally do nothing other than slow your bike down. The trailer does the rest. (Please note, you must remove these wheels with a wrench and screwdriver. No quick release option available.)