STURDY. SMOOTH. DURABLE.
Plan short outings with your dog or take multi-day tours with a large dog bike trailer. Carries one or more dogs up to 175 lbs. Handmade, custom tubing lasts for years.
THE LARGE DOG BIKE TRAILER INCLUDES:
- Comfort for Fido: An easy-grip, carpet-covered, sturdy, reinforced floor board allows your dog to ride comfortably with good footing.
- Leash loop: Connect a short leash to the floor for safe travel.
- Easy-to-see: Our signature bright yellow & blue, water-resistant Cordura fabric can be seen from a distance. We also include safety flag and reflectors.
- Wind & rain protection: A mesh front with a Velcro-connected, vinyl rain cover protect your dog from the elements.
- Choose wheel size: Both 26" and 700c" wheels have their advantages. You choose what works best for you. (Puncture resistant tires & trailer brakes available.)
- Size and weight: Comfortably tow up to 175 lbs (Two dogs, one dog & cargo, etc.)
- Tow bar and hitch options: You choose a seatpost hitch or a rear axle hitch. (More info below to help you make the decision.)
- Roll bar options: You choose either a clamp-on or a quick release roll bar.
- Convertible: Need to haul some cargo? The large dog bike trailer converts to a cargo trailer. Just add a large cargo top to your purchase. (Please note, this is not compatible with the quick release roll bar.)
THE LARGE DOG BIKE TRAILER TURNS INTO A STROLLER/JOGGER
The dog bike trailer/stroller combo option lets you remove the tow bar and add a front wheel and a push handle.
LARGE DOG BIKE TRAILER SPECIFICATIONS
- Outer dimensions with wheels removed: 48″L x 32″W x 29.5″H
- without roll bars 15″H
- Internal dimension: 43.5″L x 20.5″W x 29″H
- Length with tow bar: 70.5″
- Capacity: 175 lbs.
- Wheel size: Choice of 26”(mountain bike or 700c (road bike)
- Track width: 25.5"
- Weight with std wheels: 40 lbs.
PROUDLY HANDCRAFTED IN FORT COLLINS, COLORADO USA.
SAFE, SMOOTH, STURDY
MADE IN USA
Hand Built in Fort Collins, Colorado
DURABLE AND RELIABLE
Your Hitch Options, Explained
Our unique seatpost hitch.
Stability and safety are the name of the game with our signature seatpost hitch which does not effect bike handling. Also, the large dog bike trailer moves independently of your bike. If the bike needs to be laid down (or there is a crash), the trailer stays on two wheels.
Standard, Quick-Release Axle Hitch
Using a quick release system, this hitch connects at the rear axle offering ease of use. Easy to install and remove.
What Size Seatpost Mount Do You Need?
Seatposts differ in size. If you've chosen a seatpost hitch, determine the seatpost size prior to ordering. If you don't, the hitch won't fit properly. Luckily, most seatposts have the size stamped on them:
• Loosen your bicycle seatpost. Pull it up and off of the bicycle.
• Look at the lower end of the seatpost. A metric measurement should be stamped there.
• For seatposts with no stamped size, measure the outside diameter across the middle using a metric caliper.
• Need help? A local bike shop should be able do this for free or for a minimal charge. Accuracy is important as sizes sometimes vary by millimeters. Please call if you need more help.
Automatic Trailer Brakes Improve Safety
Automatic trailer brakes make a lot of sense
Since the beginning, CycleTote has focused on safety. Offering an automatic brake option on our large dog bicycle trailers improves the overall cycling experience, especially in quick stop, emergency situations.
Easy to use
Sturmey Archer hubs have the brakes built into them. On the nose of the tow bar sits a spring mechanism and actuator. As the large dog bike trailer pushes into the bicycle, the actuator pulls the brake cables, automatically. You literally do nothing other than slow your bike down. The trailer does the rest. (Please note, you must remove these wheels with a wrench and screwdriver. No quick release option available.)