COMFORTABLE. SAFE. EASY-TO-PULL.
Enjoy the ease and stability of pulling a person up to 175 lbs in our durable special needs bike trailer. Designed and built to roll for miles and miles.
SPECIAL NEEDS BIKE TRAILER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Adjustable 5-point safety harness: A person sits comfortably in a padded sling seat with an adjustable 5-point safety harness.
- Wheel size options: You choose between 700c (road) or 26″ (mountain bike) quick-release full size bicycle wheels and tires. 700c wheels roll more easily. 26-inch wheels deliver more comfort. (Puncture resistant tires available.)
- Weight and size: Comfortably carries a 5' 5" person and up to 175 lbs.
- Lightweight frame: Durable, high strength, lightweight aircraft aluminum frame and tow bar.
- Highly visible: Other road and bike trail users see you and your passenger. We use bright blue, yellow, and black water-resistant Cordura fabric with extra reflective highlights and include a safety flag, wheel reflectors and rear reflector.
- Reinforced floor: Added strength allows passenger to step inside.
- Hitch and tow bar options: Your choice of hitch and tow bar. Attach to your seat post or down low at the rear axle.
- Quick-release roll bars: Easily access the trailer. Also includes break-away front roll bar top for easy access.
- 3-wheeled jogger: Our jogger option lets you remove the tow bar and add a front wheel and a push handle.
SPECIAL NEEDS BIKE TRAILER SPECS:
- Outer dimensions - wheels removed: 48″L x 32″W x 36″H (w/o roll bars 15" H)
- Interior dimension: 43.5″L x 20.5″W x 34.5″H
- Length with tow bar: 70.5"
- Capacity: 175 lbs.
- Weight with standard wheels: 43 lbs.
- Wheel size: Choice of 26″ or 700c
- Track width: 25.5"
PROUDLY HANDMADE IN FORT COLLINS, COLORADO USA.
SAFE, SMOOTH, STURDY
MADE IN USA
Hand Built in Fort Collins, Colorado
DURABLE AND RELIABLE
Your Hitch Options, Explained
Our unique seatpost hitch.
Stability and safety are the name of the game with our signature seatpost hitch which does not effect bike handling. Also, the large dog bike trailer moves independently of your bike. If the bike needs to be laid down (or there is a crash), the trailer stays on two wheels.
Standard, Quick-Release Axle Hitch
Using a quick release system, this hitch connects at the rear axle offering ease of use. Easy to install and remove.
What Size Seatpost Mount Do You Need?
Seatposts differ in size. If you've chosen a seatpost hitch, determine the seatpost size prior to ordering. If you don't, the hitch won't fit properly. Luckily, most seatposts have the size stamped on them:
• Loosen your bicycle seatpost. Pull it up and off of the bicycle.
• Look at the lower end of the seatpost. A metric measurement should be stamped there.
• For seatposts with no stamped size, measure the outside diameter across the middle using a metric caliper.
• Need help? A local bike shop should be able do this for free or for a minimal charge. Accuracy is important as sizes sometimes vary by millimeters. Please call if you need more help.
Automatic Trailer Brakes Improve Safety
Automatic trailer brakes make a lot of sense
Since the beginning, CycleTote has focused on safety. Offering an automatic brake option on our large dog bicycle trailers improves the overall cycling experience, especially in quick stop, emergency situations.
Easy to use
Sturmey Archer hubs have the brakes built into them. On the nose of the tow bar sits a spring mechanism and actuator. As the large dog bike trailer pushes into the bicycle, the actuator pulls the brake cables, automatically. You literally do nothing other than slow your bike down. The trailer does the rest. (Please note, you must remove these wheels with a wrench and screwdriver. No quick release option available.)