Retrofit your existing CycleTote trailer by adding braking wheels, actuator and cables to your trailer.
Sturmey Archer brake hubs are activated by a unique actuator built into the wishbone shaped, seatpost attaching tow bar. As the bike brakes, or when going down hill, the actuator slows down the trailer's wheels. Everything happens in the trailer's wheels and the towbar. The bike is cable-free.
HOW TO ADD BRAKES TO A CYCLETOTE TRAILER.
Follow the included assembly directions.
- First, disconnect the hardware on your existing tow bar and remove the trailer wheels.
- Then follow the directions to attach the actuator hardware to the tow bar.
- Connect the brake wheels to the trailer, then connect the cables and test that everything runs smoothly.
WHEN BUYING A NEW CYCLETOTE TRAILER
Purchase the brakes on the trailer's check out page.
AUTOMATIC TRAILER BRAKES INCLUDE
- Actuator that attaches to your existing seatpost tow bar.
- Strumey Archer bolt on hubs that are custom built into 26″ or 700c wheels (these are not quick release wheels).
- Tires, tubes, rim strips.
- Cables attached to actuator. Connect them to hubs (place wheels on trailer and attach cables by following directions)
These are fixed wheels, not quick release wheels.
If you have a CycleTote axle tow bar (that attaches your trailer at the bike's rear wheel) you will need to convert to a seatpost tow bar. To do this, also purchase a CycleTote seatpost-attaching hitch and a wishbone tow bar (without hardware).
CycleTote Trailer Brakes are not compatible with other manufacturers' products.
Free shipping in contiguous US . For Alaska, Hawaii or international, please contact us.