A safe and uniform reduction in speed without noticeable pull on the bicycle. The brakes can be purchased along with your CycleTote bicycle trailer, or they can be added later, with a small amount of out-of-the-box labor. Ride with confidence when pulling heavier loads, moving at higher speeds, or during emergency stop. Learn more below.
Retrofit your existing CycleTote trailer by adding braking wheels, actuator and cables to your trailer.
If you have a CycleTote axle tow bar (that attaches your trailer at the bike's wheel), convert it to a CycleTote seat post hitch and wishbone tow bar.
Sturmey Archer alloy drum brake hubs are activated by a unique actuator built into the tow bar. As the bike brakes, or when going down hill, the actuator slows down the trailer's wheels.
Please Note: These are fixed wheels, not quick release wheels.
CycleTote Trailer Brakes are not compatible with other manufacturers' products.
HOW TO ADD BRAKES TO A CYCLETOTE TRAILER.
Follow the included assembly directions.
- First, disconnect the hardware on your existing tow bar and remove the trailer wheels.
- Then follow the directions to attach the actuator hardware to the tow bar.
- Connect the wheels to the trailer, then connect the cables and test that everything runs smoothly.
WHEN BUYING A NEW CYCLETOTE TRAILER
Purchase the brakes on the trailer's check out page.
AUTOMATIC TRAILER BRAKES INCLUDE:
- Actuator that attaches to your existing tow bar.
- Strumey Archer bolt on hubs are custom built into 26″ or 700c wheels (these are not quick release wheels).
- Tires, tubes, rim strips.
- Cables attached to actuator. Connect them to hubs (place wheels on trailer and attach cables by following directions)
Shipping in contiguous USA is $38.00. For other locations, please contact us.