Cozy Dog Bike Trailer is the same width, length and strength as our small dog trailer but with a 5 inch lower ceiling which creates a cozier hideaway for tiny dogs.
When pulling a tiny dog, there is room for gear as well as the dog. Comfortably pull your small to medium sized dog (up to 100 lbs) on short outings or on multi-day tours. The trailer has a high strength,lightweight aluminum frame and tow bar.
THIS COMPACT COZY DOG TRAILER INCLUDES:
- Bright blue, black and yellow fabric that is water-resistant and can completely enclose your dog, or leave parts open
- An easy-grip, carpet- covered hardboard with a leash loop on the floor for attaching a short leash. This sits on top of the fabric floor.
- A mesh front and a velcro connecting vinyl rain cover.
- One seat post hitch and tow bar, or an axle (wheel connecting) tow bar.
- Choice of roll bar styles; either clamp-on(with screws) or a quick release..
- Choice of 700c (road) or 26″ (mountain bike) quick-release bicycle wheels and tires.
- For puncture resistant tires we offer Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires.
- Safety flag, rear reflector and wheel reflectors.
THE BICYCLE TRAILER TURNS INTO A 3 WHEELED STROLLER
The jogger option lets you remove the tow bar and add a front wheel and a push handle.
COZY DOG BICYCLE TRAILER SPECIFICATIONS
- Outer dimensions with wheels removed : 34″ l x 32″W x 25.5″ H (w/o roll bar 15″H)
- Internal dimensions: 24.5″H x 20.5″W x 29″L
- Length with tow bar: 58.5"
- Capacity: 100 lbs.
- Weight with std wheels: 32 lbs.
- Wheel size: 26” or 700c
- Track width: 25.5"
PROUDLY MADE IN FORT COLLINS, COLORADO USA.
Shipping fee in the contiguous US is $75. Please Contact us for other locations.
SAFE, SMOOTH, STURDY
MADE IN USA
Hand Built in Fort Collins, Colorado
DURABLE AND RELIABLE
Your Hitch Options, Explained
Our unique seatpost hitch.
Stability and safety are the name of the game with our signature seatpost hitch which does not effect bike handling. Also, the large dog bike trailer moves independently of your bike. If the bike needs to be laid down (or there is a crash), the trailer stays on two wheels.
Standard, Quick-Release Axle Hitch
Using a quick release system, this hitch connects at the rear axle offering ease of use. Easy to install and remove.
What Size Seatpost Mount Do You Need?
Seatposts differ in size. If you've chosen a seatpost hitch, determine the seatpost size prior to ordering. If you don't, the hitch won't fit properly. Luckily, most seatposts have the size stamped on them:
• Loosen your bicycle seatpost. Pull it up and off of the bicycle.
• Look at the lower end of the seatpost. A metric measurement should be stamped there.
• For seatposts with no stamped size, measure the outside diameter across the middle using a metric caliper.
• Need help? A local bike shop should be able do this for free or for a minimal charge. Accuracy is important as sizes sometimes vary by millimeters. Please call if you need more help.
Automatic Trailer Brakes Improve Safety
Automatic trailer brakes make a lot of sense
Since the beginning, CycleTote has focused on safety. Offering an automatic brake option on our large dog bicycle trailers improves the overall cycling experience, especially in quick stop, emergency situations.
Easy to use
Sturmey Archer hubs have the brakes built into them. On the nose of the tow bar sits a spring mechanism and actuator. As the large dog bike trailer pushes into the bicycle, the actuator pulls the brake cables, automatically. You literally do nothing other than slow your bike down. The trailer does the rest. (Please note, you must remove these wheels with a wrench and screwdriver. No quick release option available.)